Editor's note: Hans Cacdac is a lawyer and the deputy administrator of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration.
10. I knew Marcos was stealing the February '86 snap elections.
9. I wanted to join a massive tide of change.
8. I wanted to be in the company of absolute dreamers.
7. I had faith in non-violent protest.
6. I adhered to Cardinal Sin's clarion call to congregate.
5. I thought Ninoy's assassins would be brought to justice.
4. I believed in Ninoy and Cory and what they stood for.
3. I believed that democracy for ordinary Pinoys was, and always will be, in the best interest of my country.
2. I knew sacrifice was, and always will be, in the best interest of my country.
1. Because I could always hope and be eternally proud.