Quantcast Diether's game? - Showbiz Talk

Diether's game?

| 16 Comments | No TrackBacks
It seems Diether Ocampo is not crossing over to GMA 7. At least, not yet. It turns out Ocampo is still under contract with Star Magic, the talent arm of ABS-CBN, a network statement said. “Diet (Ocampo) remains in Star Magic. We will trust he will make the right choice,” a short SMS message from Star Magic's publicity head Rikka Dylim read. In the most recent communication with the actor, he only replied with the message "Happy New Year" a few days after he texted a similar holiday greeting "Merry Christmas" to the entertainment press asking about developments about his reported transfer. Sources tell us that the latest message meant he would make a "major" announcement during the New Year, whether he would turn "Kapuso" or stay a "Kapamilya." As he is still under contract with Star Magic, he could not negotiate outside of his home network. This means, Ocampo misrepresented himself as an "independent artist" when he talked to GMA 7 executives--a claim made by GMA 7's Senior Vice President for Entertainment Wilma Galvante no less--a gross violation of his ABS-CBN contract. In her interview with the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Galvante also said Ocampo "signed" a "long term" agreement, exposing him to possible breach-of-contract lawsuits. After the interview was published, Ocampo's camp denied the actor signed a contract with GMA 7, a fact that even Kapuso network insiders corroborated. This makes us wonder, what was Galvante's basis to state that Ocampo had already inked a deal with GMA 7? Was she misinformed or has she fallen prey to the actor's posturings for a heftier contract with his network of 13 years? Or did Ocampo really sign a "secret" agreement with GMA 7 and Galvante made the mistake of announcing it too soon, blindly believing his "independent artist" introduction? Or was the news leaked unexpectedly, leaving them in utter chaos? Quite expectedly, Ocampo kept his silence throughout and may continue to do so at least until the "New Year," as our sources say. Galvante has also since kept mum about Ocampo's supposed transfer plans after Star Magic revealed the actor's live contract. But in hindsight, Galvante can always show the contract she claimed Ocampo signed if she would stand by her claim and prove she was not lying. She however chose to just avoid the topic. Is she holding it back until Ocampo's Star Magic contract expires or has she abandoned the matter altogether? A close associate has this to say about the whole brouhaha: "Siguro nagpapaligaw lang si Diet sa Dos. Kung hindi kakagat, meron pa siyang isang option. Ang hirap parang nagpapagamit ang Siete. Di dapat ganoon." If this is true, it seems this actor may be playing his cards too much.

No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL: http://blogs.inquirer.net/cgi/mt/mt-tb.cgi/7133

Pages

Powered by Movable Type 5.14-en

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by published on November 24, 2008 10:30 PM.

Karylle moves on was the previous entry in this blog.

Angel Locsin earns her first 'Star' is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.